Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Material:||Carbon Steel||Standard:||ASTM A333|
round steel tubing,
seamless steel tube
Power Plant ASTM A333 Gr. 6 Seamless Steel Pipe for Low Temperature Service
ASTM A333 Grade 6 is the part of standard covers wall seamless and welded carbon and alloy steel pipe intended for use at low temperatures. ASTM A333 Grade 6 alloy pipe shall be made by the seamless or welding process with the addition of no filler metal in the welding operation.
ASTM A333: Standard Specification for Seamless and Welded Steel Pipe for Low-Temperature Service
2. Applications of ASTM A333 Grade 6 Seamless Pipes:
3. Ordering Information
Quantity (feet, centimeters, or number of lengths),
Name of material (seamless pipe),
Size (NPS or outside diameter and schedule number of average wall thickness),
Lengths (specific or random),
Test report required
4. Chemical Requirements
|Chemical Composition % Gr. 6|
|Carbon (C) max||Manganese (Mn)||Phosphorus (P) max||Sulfur (S) max||Silicon (Si)||Nickel (Ni)||Chromium (Cr)||Copper (Cu)||Aluminum (Al)||Vanadium (V) max|
5. Manufacturing Process
Raw Material Inspection → Cold Centering → Heating → Piercing & Rolling → SIzing → Heat Treatment → Testing → Finishing → NDE → Visual & Dimension Inspection → Marking → Storing & Shipping
6. Mechanical Properties
Tensile Strength, min: 60ksi/415MPa
Yield Strength, min: 35ksi/240MPa
7. Available Size Range
|*If the steel grades and size you are looking for are not listed above, please contact us for further information.|
8. Supplementary Requirements
S1. Subsize Impact Specimens
When the size of the finished pipe is insufficient to permit obtaining subsize impact specimens, testing shall be a matter of agreement between the manufacturer and the purchaser.
S2. Requirements for Pipe for Hyudrofluoric Acid Alkylation Service
S2.1 Pipe shall be provided in the normalized heat-treated condition.
S2.2 The carbon equivalent (CE), based on heat analysis, shall not exceed 0.43% if the specified wall thickness is equal to or less than 1 in. (25.4mm) or 0.45% if the specified wall thickness is greater than 1 in. (25.4mm).
S2.3 The carbon equivalent shall be determined using the following formula:
S2.4 Based upon heat analysis in mass percent, the vanadium content shall not exceed 0.02%, the niobium content shall not exceed 0.02% and the sum of the vanadium and niobium contents shal not exceed 0.03%.
S2.5 Based upon heat analysis in mass percent, the sum of the nickel and copper contents shall not exceed 0.15%.
S2.6 Based upon heat analysis in mass percent, the carbon content shall not be less than 0.18%.
S2.8 The designation "HF-N" shall be stamped or marked on each pipe to signify that the pipe complies with this supplementary requirement.
Contact Person: zaya_z