ASTM A53 seamless and welded steel pipe is a general, all-purpose pipe. Designed for coiling, bending and flanging, A53 carbon steel pipe is suitable for welding. The grades denote certain chemical and mechanical properties and should be noted in selection. A53 pipe is intended for mechanical and pressure applications and is also acceptable for ordinary uses in steam, water, gas and air lines, Low pressure systems, Structural applications, Mechanical components, Bollards, Casing, generator plants, refineries, compressor stations, natural gas transmission, and steam conduction.
A53 Grade A
|A53 Grade B
|A53 Grade A
|A53 Grade B
A53 PIPE COATING TYPRES FOR CARBON STEEL PIPE AGAINST CORROSION EVIRONMENTS
In order to increase the resistance of steel pipe in corrosion environment, Octal offers different types of coating systems to protect against from the corrosive and abrasion break.
- 3PE coated, 3 layer Polyethylene coating
- FBE coated, Fusion bonded epoxy coating
(Check here to find out differences between 3PE and FBE.)
- Zinc coated, Hot dipped galvanized steel pipe, cold electric galvanized
- Solid, CRA, Clad and lined pipes, Cladding and lining alloy steel material on the carbon steel material
1. Construction: the pipeline underneath, the groundwater, and the hot water transportation.
2. Mechanical processing, bearing sleeves, processing machinery parts, etc.
3. Electrical: Gas delivery, Hydroelectric power fluid pipeline
4. Anti-static tubes for wind power plants, etc.
CARBON STEEL PIPE STANDARD AND GRADES(SEAMLESS AND WELDED)
- ASTM A106 Gr. B in Seamless (Differences between ASTM A106 and A53 pipe)
- ASTM A53 Gr. A, B in Seamless, Welded ERW, and Zinc coated, hot-dipped galvanized steel pipe
- ASTM A179 Gr. C in Seamless (For seamless cold drawn low carbon steel heat-exchanger and condenser tubes)
- ASTM A192 (For seamless carbon steel boiler tubes for high-pressure service)
- ASTM A252 (For welded and seamless steel pipe piles)
- ASTM A333 GR. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (For seamless and welded steel pipe for low-temperature service and other applications with required notch toughness)
- ASTM A134 and ASTM A135 (For electric resistance welded ERW steel pipes)
- API 5L Pipe, ISO 3183 / API 5L Gr. A, B, X42, X46, X52, X56, X60, X65, X70, X80 in seamless and welded (LSAW, SSAW, ERW) steel pipe, for petroleum and natural gas industries, steel pipe for pipeline transportation systems.
- DIN 2440 seamless and welded steel pipes applies to medium-weight tubes suitable for screwing. (DIN2444 Zinc coated steel tubes, for hot galvanizing)
- CSZ Z245 Seamless and ERW welded pipe (low-frequency electric welded pipe excluded), SAW steel pipe that intended for oil and gas pipeline systems.
- NBR 8261 Cold-Drawn, Cold-form, welded steel pipe, in circular cross-section, square or rectangular, applied to structural purposes.
- AWWA C-200 for steel water pipe
More standards material available in case special requirement