The standards includes manufacturing types in welding (ERW) and seamless. Material covers carbon and alloy steels.
How many grades that included in ASTM A333 specificatoin?
There are total 9 grades in this standard, Grade 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and Grade 11.
There are differences on chemical composition and mechanical properties as following table:
A333 pipe Chemical Composition
Yield Strength and Tensile Strength
ASTM A333 PIPE HEAT TREAMENT OPTIONS
All the seamless and welded steel pipe, except ASTM A333 Grade 8 and Grade 11, shall be treated to control the microstructure in one option as follows,
- Normalized in a uniform temperature not less than 815℃ [1500℉], and cool in air or in the cooling chamber of an atmosphere controlled furnace, or after this heat treatment then heating to a suitable temperature to do the termpering.
- Besides above heat treatment option, and with manufacturers will, reheat material to a suitable tempering temperature.
- In case the seamless steel pipe in the ASTM A333, reheat and control hot working and the temperature of the hot finishing operation to a finishing temperature range from 845 to 945℃ [1550 to 1750℉], and cool in air or in a controlled atmosphere furance from an initial temperature more than 845℃ [1550℉]. For the ASTM A333 seamless steel pipe in Grade 1, Grade 6, and Grade 10 could be heat treated from a uniform temperature more than 815℃ [1500℉], then quenching in liquid and reaheat to a suitable tempering temperature, this type of heat treatment could replace the above plan also provided the ASTM A333 4.3.1. For the ASTM A333/ A333M Grade 8 and Grade 11, heating treatment shall be complied the standard specification.
For the ASTM A333 Grade 1, Grade 6 and Grade 10 steel pipe, and it is not allowed to add the chemical element not specified in the specification, but it is allowed to add the element for the deoxidation of steel.
OUR SUPPLY RANGES FOR A333 PIPE
- Standard: ASTM A333/A333M, ASME SA333
- Material Grades: Grade 1, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10 and Grade 11
- Outer Diameters: NPS 1/8 inch to NPS 20 inch, 10.13mm to 1219mm
- Wall Thickness: SCH 10, SCH 20, SCH STD, SCH 40, SCH 80, SCH XS to SCH160, SCHXXS; 1.24mm up to 1 inch, 25.4mm
- Range of Length: 20ft to 40ft, 5.8m to 11.8m, 6m to 12m.
- Ends procession: Plain, beveled, threaded
- Coatings: 3LPE, FBE, Galvanized
CARBON STEEL PIPE STANDARD AND GRADES(SEAMLESS AND WELDED)
- ASTM A106 Gr. B in Seamless (Differences between ASTM A106 and A53 pipe)
- ASTM A53 Gr. A, B in Seamless, Welded ERW, and Zinc coated, hot-dipped galvanized steel pipe
- ASTM A179 Gr. C in Seamless (For seamless cold drawn low carbon steel heat-exchanger and condenser tubes)
- ASTM A192 (For seamless carbon steel boiler tubes for high-pressure service)
- ASTM A252 (For welded and seamless steel pipe piles)
- ASTM A333 GR. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (For seamless and welded steel pipe for low-temperature service and other applications with required notch toughness)
- ASTM A134 and ASTM A135 (For electric resistance welded ERW steel pipes)
- API 5L Pipe, ISO 3183 / API 5L Gr. A, B, X42, X46, X52, X56, X60, X65, X70, X80 in seamless and welded (LSAW, SSAW, ERW) steel pipe, for petroleum and natural gas industries, steel pipe for pipeline transportation systems.
- DIN 2440 seamless and welded steel pipes applies to medium-weight tubes suitable for screwing. (DIN2444 Zinc coated steel tubes, for hot galvanizing)
- CSZ Z245 Seamless and ERW welded pipe (low-frequency electric welded pipe excluded), SAW steel pipe that intended for oil and gas pipeline systems.
- NBR 8261 Cold-Drawn, Cold-form, welded steel pipe, in circular cross-section, square or rectangular, applied to structural purposes.
- AWWA C-200 for steel water pipe
More standards material available in case special requirement