AISI 1020 Carbon Steel Cold drawn Tube belongs to the ASTM A519 standard which include carbon steel and alloy steel seamless mechanical tubing. The products can be seamless, welded, electric resistance welded or electric fusion welded in production methods. There are different dimensions and pressure capacities available.
The SAE 1020 tubing material has carbon, manganese, phosphorus and sulfur in the composition. The pipes and tubes are annealed, normalized, quenched and tempered or stress relived. The pipe dimensions range from 6mm to 323.8mm in outer diameter and the wall thickness ranges from sch10 to XXS and heavier depending on the application requirements. There are single random, double random and custom cut to length sizes available.
EQUIVALENT GRADE OF ASTM 1020
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION: AISI 1018 VS AISI 1020
It can be heat treated at the following temperatures:
- Normalizing at 899°C – 954°C (1650°F-1750°F)
- Annealing at 843°C – 871°C (1550°F-1600°F)
- Stress relieving at 677°C – 927°C (1250°F-1700°F)
- Carburizing at 899°C – 927°C (1650°F-1700°F)
- Hardening at 788°C – 816°C (1450°F-1500°F)