1045 steel is often used to manufacture large sprockets and steel gears for the paper industry and other processing industries. Coal, iron, rock, stone, gravel, and even cement are processed and transported every day using parts made from 1045. As a result, engineered systems such as moving systems, crushing systems, curing and drying systems handle enormous tonnages of raw materials while processing them into smaller, more refined, or mixed applications.
Product can be purchased in individual lengths or as a bundle and we can also cut to length.
AISI 1008 AISI 1015 AISI 1017 AISI 1021 AISI 1025
AISI 1026 AISI 1035 AISI 1045 AISI 1050 AISI 1055
SAE 1006 SAE 1008 SAE 1010 SAE 1020 SAE 1030
SAE 1030 SAE 1035 SAE 1040 SAE 1045
||SCM415 SCM420 SCM440 SS400 S45C S20C
||Q195 Q215 Q235
EQUIVALENT GRADE OF ASTM 1045
It can be heat treated at the following temperatures:
- Normalizing at 899°C – 954°C (1650°F-1750°F)
- Annealing at 843°C – 871°C (1550°F-1600°F)
- Stress relieving at 677°C – 927°C (1250°F-1700°F)
- Carburizing at 899°C – 927°C (1650°F-1700°F)
- Hardening at 788°C – 816°C (1450°F-1500°F)