1045 steel plate product is often used to manufacture large sprockets and steel gears for the paper industry and other processing industries. Coal, iron, rock, stone, gravel, and even cement are processed and transported every day using parts made from 1045. As a result, engineered systems such as moving systems, crushing systems, curing and drying systems handle enormous tonnages of raw materials while processing them into smaller, more refined, or mixed applications.
1045 plate is a chemistry plate, meeting the chemistry make-up listed below. The “10” designates a basic plain carbon steel and the “45” denotes the approximate carbon content.
EQUIVALENT GRADE OF ASTM 1045
|ASTM A36 Rolled Steel Plate
It can be heat treated at the following temperatures:
- Normalizing at 899°C – 954°C (1650°F-1750°F)
- Annealing at 843°C – 871°C (1550°F-1600°F)
- Stress relieving at 677°C – 927°C (1250°F-1700°F)
- Carburizing at 899°C – 927°C (1650°F-1700°F)
- Hardening at 788°C – 816°C (1450°F-1500°F)